#CNILux: Diamond King Laurence Graff Reveals To Suzy Menkes The Largest Stone In A Century
The legendary jeweller announced at the CNI Luxury Conference in Cape town the 302.37 carats certified gemstone, Lesedi La Rona
Suzy Menkes 'In Conversation' with Laurence Graff at the CNI Luxury Conference in Cape Town.
Live on stage, Laurence Graff used the Condé Nast International Conference as a platform to unveil the results of his cutting and polishing of the Lesedi La Rona - the world’s largest emerald-cut diamond.
During the conversation with Suzy Menkes, Graff’s first public speaking engagement in over a decade, he revealed the diamond - which had been kept top secret - had only just been finished after a highly skilled team of diamond craftsmen and gemologists took 18 months to create what Laurence described as a “masterpiece”.
Laurence Graff - the King of Diamonds - has cut the Lesedi la Rona - a giant emerald cut stone originally unearthed in Botswana - the largest in the world.
It is the largest highest colour, highest clarity, diamond ever graded by the GIA.
The legendary jeweller reminisced about his early days in London’s jewel hub Hatton Garden, when, at age 16, he was told by his first employer, “the sky is the limit”.
- #SUZYPFW: Mixed Messages at Balenciaga and Givenchy
- #SuzyPFW: Louis Vuitton and MiuMiu – Skillful Recycling
- #SuzyPFW: Planting the Future at Dior
- #SuzyPFW Chloé and Paco Rabanne: Making Fashion Gender Neutral
- #SuzyPFW: Valentino Just Keeps On Giving To Women
- #SuzyPFW: The Next Act – Lanvin and Maison Margiela
- #SuzyPFW: Sensuality In An Hermès Apron
- #SuzyPFW: Stella McCartney’s New Sustainable World With LVMH
- #SuzyPFW: Loewe And Rick Owens Finding Inspirations From Their Pasts
- #SuzyMFW: Missoni and Marni Focus On The Future Of Planet Earth